Sunday, July 22, 2018

EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY

Dick Metz always puts on a great show. Of all the accomplishments SHACC is his crowning achievement.

The mother of all storms. North shore, 1969
Wayne Faulkner and I sat in my van atop Pupukea  Heights . I watched a wave come into THE BAY. I counted 9 seconds from pitch to impact zone.
DICK AND BUD GETTING A LITTLE COZY AFTER TO MANY DAYS AT SEA

Pete, El Segundo / 1960's

" Those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end."
From a song 
popular during the time this photo was taken.
Black Whale parking lot, Venice, California circa 1966
Fred Hemmings at the podium 
Uncle Dick

Lisa Anderson, Joyce Hoffman, Rell Sun's daughter with Stephanie Gilmore


This was a bucket lister 40 years in the making.
Bud on my right and Dick on my left.


Pat Lennon, Dick Metz and Patty, SHACC, 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment

MAMA MADDIE

2010 TO APRIL 27, 2023