Monday, October 26, 2009

VENICE .. THE BAND

What can I say about this great kick ass band. When they go full tilt electric it's as good as it gets. Switching to all acoustic.... CSN, even in their younger days, could not match them (well close). Theirs is the magic of brothers and cousins harmonizing. you can't top it when the same genes sing and play together. I've known Bill and Kip Lennon since I was 5 years old. Well , Kip wasn't born yet. My Mother is Kip's Godmother. They are my childhood and I love them. It's been so many years. SIDEBAR: theperfect waves breaking on Emma Woods outside reef was double overhead yesterday. I don't care what the reports, local or otherwise say. It went off for 3 hours yesterday morning.




Backstage prior to the show.







Kip Lennon on lead vocals and Pat on rhythm guitar and harmonies.



Nancy Sunfield and Patty. I went to kindergarten through high school with Nancy. In case the captions get separated from the photo it's meant to explain, it's 2nd to last pic.

My First Love sitting with my last Love. The girl with her arm around Patty is my 1st. Georgette was my high school sweetheart at Venice High.

1 comment:

  1. hey...just had this post forwarded to me by Michelle(the ticket girl at the VENICE concert. "Robbie", what a crazy surprise to see you there! Happy to know you are happy with such a darling wife and good life.
    December 12th is the Holiday Concert. It will probably be a bit of a family reunion. Brother Tom came from Ojai to sing and play last year. Venicecentral.com
    be well..
    love
    Virginia from Venice

    ReplyDelete

THIS AND THAT