Friday, January 25, 2013

WEST COAST WINTER

I was searching surfline user photos for Emma Wood / Ventura Overhead when I came upon this first one below.
It's a pic of me opening up the Emma Wood State Beach RV Park.  Patty and I worked for the California State Parks from November 2008 thru April 2010. This pic was taken December 9, 2009. The winter of 2009 / 2010 turned into the best winter in years for surf.

What prompted this story was the photo below and a few others taken this past week in California which I've lifted from a Surfline photo essay.
click on photo to enlarge

Our rigg located 10 yards from the action.  You can spot the front end in the 1st pic.



THESE LAST TWO, also taken a few days ago,... are Tacklebuster Reef (Nelscott), Lincoln City, Oregon where we spent the summers of 2011 / 2012

Kudos to the photographers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS AND THAT